Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nate, Laura, Jack, Lilly and Hallie

Life sure is busy!  I kept thinking that things would be a little slower and easier to keep up on once school started - I was wrong! 
We had a nice summer with friends and family.  Lots of backyard sprinkler, slip and slide, hose on the slide, and lots and lots of campfires with marshmallows.  We had several days of making memories in the mud.  We did not plant a garden which left a huge spot at the end of the lawn with lots of opportunity for the kids to make mud.  They sure take advantage of mom not being able to see that part of the yard from the house!  
They don't look very happy because I was standing there ready to spray them with the hose!
One night we put up our tent in the backyard and had a fun family campout.  We love our fire pit - thanks Nate for keeping it up for us.

Nate got his fill of camping and hiking this summer.  He went on on a 4 mile hike and a 17 mile hike in the mountains near McCall with the Varsity and Venture scouts.  He is so good with those boys and they sure love his dutch oven cooking skills. 


I just got called to be the 2nd counselor in the primary.  I did not know that you had to write your own primary program!  I had to learn quick because I was only in my calling for a month before I had to have it all written, hand out parts and make all the necessary arrangements.  Our program will be on Halloween this year - a perfect birthday for me.

Jack is doing so great in 1st grade.  He is doing well reading and keeping up with all his teacher asks him to do.  He is also in karate learning lots of defense and building character - not as much combat as I thought - thank goodness.  We have a little phrase that we tell each other every morning after family prayer.  "I will work with my heart and my hands."  I draw a little heart on everyone's hands (including mine) with a sharpie, and when we forget how to work hard and be kind, we look at our heart on our hand and remember that we are all working on this goal together.  Jack's teacher noticed a difference in him immediately after we started this.  He loves that I am held to the same promise that he is held to.

I will work with my Heart and my Hands
Lilly still loves all things pink.  She is such a sweet fun girl to have around.  She says the funniest things everyday.  She asks every night if she can "frost" her own teeth - we just smile and let her frost and frost.

Hallie is our little purple girl.  She never lets us forget to say prayers, read scriptures or sing our bedtime songs.  She loves a good routine and she never lets us down.
The girls are loving preschool and I am still wondering how to fill a few hours every morning when I have no kids at home.  Sometimes a nap does the trick!

I think that is good for now.  There is so much going on this time of year, hopefully I can capture it all and give you a glimpse into our little family.  We love you.

2 comments:

  1. Love your post! Great saying with the hearts..we may have to steal that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loveing this! Grandma's heart is happy!

    ReplyDelete